Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Am At A Loss...

Here I have just started in the world of social blogging.  I love all the Mom's and women who are writing up a storm and have such  a beautiful way of expressing themselves and giving us, as women, such a universal and powerful voice.  The way companies market their products will be changed forever. Why pay a PR firm, when a company can get the news out better and faster via "word of mouth" advertising in the form of reviews and giveaways?  Awesome!  I think some of us (c'est moi) just do it because it's fun and addictive.

Well, one of the foremost blog sisters out there, Karissa, of PrissyGreen, took her life very unexpectedly this past weekend.  It has really shaken the blogosphere to the core.  I can see why.  She was the very epitome of success in this genre.  Her site was going great and growing by leaps and bounds.  She did much to progress this type of blogging.  I personally never even visited her site, but there sure were a lot that did and were dedicated followers.  She was just 31 years old, beautiful, in a loving relationship, had a loving family and had everything ahead of her.  But apparently not everything--at least to her.  It's just so sad.  It raises several painful questions:  1)  Can you ever be sure of someone else's inner state of mind?   2)   What is true happiness?  Is there such a thing?  3) Is blogging an addiction?  If so, I could be in trouble.  I'm really not trying to be facetious here.  I'm taking this as a word of warning to myself.  I need to get out more, no matter how much I have decided that blogging is my new love.

If there is anyone out there reading this humble post, please know that I also am deeply saddened and sobered by the passing of Karissa.  I've read through many of the tributes to her and was particularly touched by this one. (No longer available)

15 comments:

Shell said...

How tragic. You really can't know what someone is really going through.

A GAL NEEDS... said...

Absolutely Shell!

CM said...

That is so sad. I guess all we can really do it try to lift each other up in this blogosphere.

BTW, I'm following you from the Friday follow.

Shelley said...

Very, very sad....

New follower from "Friday Follow"

~Shelley

Simply Stacie said...

I definitely think blogging can be addiction. It is sad I agree.

Following you from the Friday Follow.

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

Felissa Hadas said...

I did follow the Prissy Green Blog and participated in several of her giveaways. I was shocked when I saw the news tweet by.

I just wanted to let you know that I stopped by to follow and say hello with the Friday Follow Blog Hop.

Felissa
www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Hi Fellow Friday Follower! I am now following you.

PLease follow me at the below links

http://www.thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com
http://www.taraajohnston.blogspot.com

Also, Thanks in advance for following me back! This is terrific idea!

Anonymous said...

Truly Sad. I wrote my own post for Karissa. http://one2try.blogspot.com/2010/01/prayer-for-karissa.html

I am now a follower from Friday Follow - Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Indeed it is very sad to hear about this. I don't think we ever really know what is going on inside another.

Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow.

~ Lynn

Valerie Pilgreen said...

How sad, and personal, I battle with depression.

Finishing up from Follow Friday
Have a GREAT Weekend
Valerie @ WalkinInSunshine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is a very sad thing for a person to get in such a mind set that they would feel the need to take their own life.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, It truly can become an addiction to spend time blogging and not really interacting with others.

Hope you stop by and follow back.

http://mommiesgotfivechildren.blogspot.com/2010/01/follow-friday-ok-saturday.html

Happy Friday Follow.
I am following your blog publicly today!

Rebecca Just a day late.
Happy Sat.

a49erfangirl said...

I am now following your blog from Friday Follow. I heard about Karissa. It's very sad. She had a wonderful website.

Becca said...

I think we never know for sure what is going on inside of someone else's head. I also think that Karissa was maybe in a mindset where she didn't want help from anyone.

Following you now from Friday Follow

Joe. said...

You can never tell what goes on in someones head, and alot of people are acomplished at hiding how they really feel inside. Whether thats depression, anger, resentment ... it's really a shame though, I'm sorry to hear she took her life. :(

I'm here from Friday Follow, late, I know (sorry) Long story. Cute blog though, I like the design :D
joe
www.twentytolifeblog.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I had not heard about this tragedy. Terrible.

I am a new follower from Friday Follow. Hope you have a great weekend.