Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Fun Halloween Ride!

 Today was a gorgeous day...until 3 pm.  Then it opened up and poured buckets the rest of the day and evening! Greg and I went on a bike ride to celebrate the next to last day in October before the rain came pouring down!  We set off at around noon and I became a bit enthralled with some of the scenery we saw.  I meant to take nature pictures of our beautiful ride and I did take one,


          but ended up mostly taking pictures of people's Halloween fun!                                                                   Here is what I saw:   

                                    Some cool-looking cornstalks and pumpkins!

                                   Cute Pumpkins near some scary gargoyles!
                                    

                          A beautiful front porch with an awesome pumpkin display
                                                      
                                             Some very creative jack-o-lanterns



                             A porch that needed sweeping and cleaning very badly!

              And this strange fellow, running straight toward me.  It gave me quite a scare...

                                Until he wished me a very Happy Halloween!
                                                    I hope you have one too!

17 comments:

jan said...

Wow, the front porch with the pumpkin display is so gorgeous! And LOL at the green man running toward you - I'd have been running the other way! sammiejanL40 at aol dot com

meeyeehere said...

Oh my,The green running guy is funny but it would scare me!HA!!Oh,the pumpkins and porches are so nice and festive!

Unknown said...

Oh what fun! Love the two pumpkins peeking out the windows. And the green guy ... wonder how he breathes in that getup. lol

Thanks for sharing your outing with us!

Dia C said...

Love that porch with all the pumpkins.

Unknown said...

I did read this before but forgot to comment...I almost died laughing with that lil green man running? Your other pics are VERY good! I love fall!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't think you've done a good job with SEO. It's decent, but not perfect in my opinion.
Can you explain to me what reality is? Do robots exist in reality because they cannot judge and make perceptions?
How do I make my blog appear in search engines? I had it for a year, and no one comes to visit.
This page lacks some funny comments. Know any jokes?

Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here again later.

Holly said...

I love the pic of the 3 pumpkins on top of each other. The man - well, that is just WEIRD!!!

anita b. said...

I love the bronze in the first picture

Liz said...

The green man is funny, but does that thing have eye holes? Reminds me of the Blue Man Group, except, well, green!

Linda Stewart said...

I love fall displays almost as much as Christmas displays. The green man however ... should not be allowed on the streets. THAT would freak me out!

Ashley said...

Love the green man! He must watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Courtney said...

I love looking at people's decorations too. Looks like a great ride :)

HannahAchrissmile said...

Wow that green man is rather creepy! I think I'd be a little freaked out if I was out walking and he came by, lol!

giveawaydarling said...

I love the spider pumpkin!

Anne D. said...

Neat Halloween pictures:) annejk112233(at)yahoo(dot)com

ps we laughed at the green man:)

Glogirl said...

Some great looking pumpkins! Good ideas for Halloween this fall! The green man would scare me too! I wonder how he sees with his face covered up?

Mehnaz Kapadia said...

The front porch pic was just too good! people have really good ideas for every occasion nd why not! Life is here for us to live and celebrate every moment! And that green man, lol really funnny! i would be so freakingly scared if he came running on my way!