Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Very Glassy Indeed!



 From jewelry to stained glass windows, glass artwork is some of the most visually appealing art on the planet!  Yet, all that is required to make glass is a little sand, a little soda, a little lime and a lot of heat.  But not anyone can turn glass into art.  The glass artisan has to have a great eye for detail, color and line.
 Enter Nancy Giere founder of  NGlassworks! She is such a talented lady who has always had an eye for color.  As a toddler, instead of carrying a baby blanket, she carried around a tangled and colorful array of  yarn from her mother's knitting basket.  Nancy started creating for herself, family and friends in a variety of mediums until she found what she loves best and established NGlassworks because of the many requests for her work.  She combines dichroic, iridescent and sheet glass to make unique works of art!  Here are a few examples of what she does!
 Based out of  Williamsburg, VA, Nancy's art is sure to please even the most discerning of tastes. You can be sure that every piece will be original and lovingly made by Nancy.  The main color schemes are in jewel tone or red/bronze. 
"Each piece is inspired by colors, shapes and patterns I've observed in my back yard and in my travels throughout the world.  Different sizes and shapes of glass are stacked in unique designs and fired in a kiln.  During the fusing process the glass comes alive and takes on a whole new character.  After the first firing each piece is cold worked and fire polished in the kiln until I'm satisfied with the overall design and quality." --Nancy Giere
 I received a jewel toned Sassy Slide pendant and I think it is absolutely gorgeous!  It has pink, turquoise, dark blue, gold and green in it and I can wear it with many things.  It makes a feminine yet fun statement where I work at a local high school!

You can find Nancy's jewelry in selected shops across the country and at Art Shows and Exhibits.  Her pendants retail for about $35.00, her handbags run about $1000.00 and her bracelets are $50.00.  Personally, now that I own one of Nancy Giere's unique fused glass pieces, I think that a gal needs....at least one beautiful NGlassworks piece.  They are beeeeautiful! 

Disclaimer:  I was provided product for an honest review.  The opinions here are mine and mine only!

20 comments:

jan said...

These are gorgeous! I really need one of the autumn afternoon pendants - beautiful! sammiejanL40 at aol dot com

janetfaye said...

Her jewelry is beautiful. I love the shapes and colors.

Ruth said...

This jewelry has to be some of the most beautiful I have seen. Jewelry is very popular right now, but it seems that it all looks alike. Hers stands out because it is so different and so beautiful!

Michele P. said...

wow, this really is gorgeous jewelry. I can say that I see some of the Guatemalan market colors that may have inspired her from her travels if she has ever traveled in the Americas-the pendants fuse together all of the wonderful colors of the textiles I've seen in the market and would be a wonderful piece to wear along with some of the clothing I brought back from a recent trip.

jan said...

I'm going to treat myself to one of these for Christmas - I deserve it :)

Brandi Elam said...

SO pretty! I really like the earrings. I think these would make great gifts for hard to buy for people - they are unique!

Unknown said...

I just love the pendants and earrings ... such brilliant colors. They are so appealing! Thanks for introducing us to her work!

Anonymous said...

I love stained glass! These are soo pretty and vibrant. scg00387 at yahoo dot com

Holly said...

These are so pretty! I really like the necklaces.

anita b. said...

I love stained glass. I want to see how they make it imnotarunner {at} {gmail} {dot} {com}

Hope said...

Wow, they are sooo pretty! I have heard of NGlassWorks before from a friend, but I didn't realize how beautiful the pieces really are!

Liz said...

Those aren't normally my style, but I really like her work--especially those rings!

Linda Stewart said...

I love the bracelets. I have a hard time finding bracelets to fit but the cuff styles are usually easier to size to fit and the adornment is beautiful.

Anna P. said...

They sell a lot of pieces like this at the art museum gift shop here. Not really my style but I can appreciate the work that must go into making it.

HannahAchrissmile said...

Those really are very beautiful! There's no doubt that she has a great talent. I really like that they have so many colors - you really could wear them with many different outfits.

giveawaydarling said...

I love the rings!

Anne D. said...

Amazing glass work. I love the purse a lot!! annejk112233

Deb Anderson said...

I have the great honor of owning one of Nancy's slide pendants and I can't tell you how gorgeous it is in person!! I get so many compliments on it!!

Lynda Del said...

The jewelry is absolutely beautiful. I particularly love the earrings.

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful! I luv these earrings:

http://artisandesigngallery.com/jewelry/earrings/1442/jewel-tone-dichroic-earrings-with-sterling-silver-earwires/

Reasonably priced too!

jmatek AT wi DOT rr DOT com